Saturday, June 24, 2006

cinema therapy II



Movie # 2 for cinema therapy is shopgirl with Claire Danes & Steve Martin. It's a movie based on a novella written by Steve Martin. There were two lines in this movie that really struck a cord for me... Ray Porter (played by Steve Martin) says to Mirabelle Buttersfield (played by Claire Danes),

"I am sorry for how I treated you. I did love you."

Tears came to my eyes when I heard those words and I realized how much I have longed to hear those words from the "Ray Porters" in my life. It amazes me the power we have in something as simple as the words we can offer one another. And how healing they can be if we would just risk to say them.

1 comment:

Kate Rudd said...

Jenna, this is one of my FAVorite movies ever. The way it takes it's time, not rushing through the difficult moments..beautifully awkward.
I'm thrilled for your increase in clients, and upcoming anniversary/vacation!!
Have a beauty filled day! :)